- 92 Gold 2008 World Wine Championships
- Gold Best of Appellation - Appellation America
- 90 POINTS Wine Enthusiast
- Bronze '09 San Francisco Chroncle Wine Competition
- 88 points April 2008 Connoisseurs Guide
About this wine
This heavily awarded Pinot Noir is a blend from the famed hillside vineyards of Sleepy Hollow Vineyard and Santa Lucia Highlands fruit. Seductively smooth and rich with luscious fruit, this new world Pinot begs to be enjoyed with alfresco dining and true friends.
Food and wine
The 06 Pinot Noir is well-suited to pair with poultry, beef, fish, ham, lamb and pork. It will enhance creamy sauces and spicy seasonings. We suggest you pair this wine with Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pinot Fig Sauce.
|Wine Profile Style
|Drink Now (0-3 yrs)
||Will Age (3-5 yrs)
||Will Age (8-10 yrs)
|No Residual Sugar Dry
Indie Winemakers' Tasting Notes
Our mission is to provide unbiased opinions of the wine being offered. These notes come from up to 10 guests who tasted this wine in a blind tasting format (wine is concealed so their identity is unknown). Why this format? Tasting blind completely throws out any hype associated with a certain winery, style, price point, etc; it forces the taster to accept what is in the glass without any predetermined notions. Our guests utilize Robert Parker's Glossary of Wine Terms for their comments for consistency purposes. In addition, we utilize the wine aroma wheel to enhance one’s ability to describe the complexity of wine flavor. Notes are posted on this wine during the tasting to ensure they accurately reflect the impressions.
- BH: Medium red color, medium legs. Great Pinot nose. Lots of acid balances the fruit flavors.
- DJO: Brick red in color. Nose has some dusty-grassy smell with cedar notes. Medium to short finish.
- MA: Dark red with a slight orange rim in appearance with no color on tear drops. Nose is clean, with earth minerals and some wood. Shows some spice/pepper on the palate.
- RA: Good clarity, dark ruby red in color. Nose has a cedar scent with the taste of minerals and dust. Medium long finish.
Wine Technical Data
||100% Pinot Noir
||Santa Lucia Highlands
|Sugar at Harvest
||Unknown degrees Brix
|Aging / Cooperage
||14.9% by volume
||TA: .61, pH: 3.81
Technical Notes - Tamayo Family 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
About the Vineyards
The source of the wine is from the famed hillside vineyards of Sleepy Hollow Vineyard and Santa Lucia Highlands.
About the Vintage
The 2005 Vintage was rated highly by those publications that can’t seem to resist assigning a number to everything, and lauded almost universally for its long, cool growing season. The 2005 vintage generally produced wines that were lower in alcohol, higher in acidity, and arguably more nuanced and elegant than other recent vintages.
For this 2005 vintage, the rainy season continued well into June, and received a total of 64 inches of rain. This was a long, mild growing season. Bud-break, flowering, and set was on a similar schedule to previous years. Harvest was later than usual.
Winemaker's tasting notes
Seductively smooth and rich with luscious fruit, this new world Pinot begs to be enjoyed with alfresco dining and true friends.